Skip to main content

How to Become a Medical Doctor in Germany

   



To become a medical doctor/ physician in Germany you need the German "Approbation". The 'Approbation' is the medical license issued by the German state that permits doctors to work in medicine. 


Germany is well known for its great healthcare system. Probably one of the best across the globe. 


The current COVID-19 situation testify for the robustness of the German healthcare system. However, even before the COVID-19 crisis there was a shortage of physicians in Germany, and I expect the demand for physicians will only increase due the to COVID-19 crisis. 


Nevertheless, it is challenging to get the German Approbation as an international medical graduate. I think the biggest challenges are the German language and the bureaucracy


Therefore, I wrote a book about the German medical license exam in English. You can find more about the book in the BOOKS section of the blog


The book is written for an international medical graduate or student, who does not speak German, and want to know more about the German medical system even before learning German.  


Moreover, I would like to share my own personal experience and mentor interested international medical students or graduates. Please check the Mentorship section of the Blog for more info. 


Disclaimer: I do not aim to convince you to work in Germany as a medical doctor. I plan to share my experience with you, and that is it. I like to keep it real. At the end of the day, it is your decision. 









Comments